Principles and Values
Our business philosophy clearly articulates that the principles we hold and run our business by are the key to the realisation of the highest good for all our stakeholders and eventual profits for our investors and us from our projects. Therefore, we need to consciously choose and precisely articulate these principles or values, which we have done. The principles and values we at Raw AD strive to live and work by at all times, in all places, through all circumstances, without exception are summarised below:
- Community – Doing everything we can to foster a sense of community and togetherness amongst our own people and all our stakeholders;
- Sustainability – Thinking and acting in ways that are authentically sustainable for all our stakeholders, including society and the natural environment;
- Integrity – Being honest, open and transparent in our motives for doing anything and in all our communication internally and with anyone not working for Raw AD.
We believe that the only way to ensure we adhere to the highest standards of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSI) is to abide by these values, our own internal CSI that ensures that the projects we undertake and their eventual results will be good for all our stakeholders.
Waste2Energy Solutions (Pty) Ltd was founded by Ayanda Mtelana. Mtelana developed a passion for waste to energy opportunities when working as an engineer for the East London Municipality, in the Eastern Cape in South Africa.
He launched a number of successful recycling schemes for his municipality and since then the Waste2Energy team hasn’t stopped investigating and developing technologies to source, transport and anaerobically digest waste products.city.
- Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste (SW /OFSW);
- Agricultural waste (poultry litter and sugar bagasse);
- Biproducts from South Africa’s vast paper and pulping industries;
- Using desert waste lands to build inland saline lakes to farm kelp
Asnat Drouianov – director
A Chartered Accountant with more than 20 years of experience and former partner in a leading accounting firms in Israel which merged with PWC Israel, and with over three decades of experience in the capital market, public companies and IPOs. For the last 5 years Asnat was acting as the General Manager of a German public company, traded in the Frankfurt stock exchange, and one of the worldwide leading biogas technology providers. Asnat has been, as well, serving as the CEO of the investment subsidiary of the group focusing on developing and operating biogas plants in Europe.
W2E’s commercial strategy
The key to our strategy is to reduce the carbon footprint of landfills where methane has 21.3 times the effect on Green House Gasses as Carbon Dioxide.
This has two other commercial advantages in respect of landfills related to mining and mineral exploration, it reduces volatility of earnings as there is dependence in future possible fluctuation of commodity prices, and with waste there are potential gate fees and landfill avoidance revenues which reduce the need for feed-in-tariffs for anaerobically digested biogas and the associated electricity.
We are passionate waste technologists taking an entrepreneurial approach to clean energy.